Friday, December 7, 2007

The Twelve Days of Christmas


With the holiday season upon us, it is our time to reflect on the year gone by and start getting together a list of resolutions for the New Year. This is one of my comic relief poems...what I call the quick pick me upper when the muse comes to a halt.

The Twelve Days of Christmas
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my critique group sent to me Twelve hours of nonstop writing,

Eleven great plots with a twist,

Ten true to life characters,

Nine boxes of tissues,

Eight books on writing,

Seven books of stamps,

Six boxes of assorted envelopes,

Five colored pencils,

Four reams of paper,

Three black ink cartridges,

Two laser printers,

And a brand new apple computer.


I’d like to wish all my fellow writers at RWA/NYC and Authors Den a Happy and Healthy Holiday season. I hope the New Year brings forth publishing contacts for First Timer Authors and Lifetime TV contacts for our Published Members.

No comments: