Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nano Eve

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

It's hard to believe that Nano is about to kick off in New York City in less than 10 hours. It feels as if the countdown had just begin. I have been spending the week taking care of personal chores as well as things for my teenagers. I made it a point to take out my winter clothes, just for those nights when the temperatures dip into the 40's. The last thing I need to do is organize my desk to prevent any distractions that might occur...like those to do lists that I never got to and won't until December 1st.


I have tight schedules in the morning which consists of getting my kids up and ready for school and then my daily 3 - 5 mile walk at the boardwallk. Believe me when I say that is one thing that I will not give up. Just walking that hour clears my head and helps me go over the previous day's work, giving me the opportunity to work out the next scene in my head and see if it works or not.


Many people have asked me why am doing Nano. I am doing Nano for the rush and excitement it brings in anticipation of starting new novel and for the discipline it will undoubtedly leave me with.


I wish all my fellow peers at Romance Writers of America/New York Chapter (rwanyc.com) Good Luck!

No comments: